Do you struggle with surrender? Are you challenged by fully giving God your business and letting Him lead it?
If you have outward success but inward turmoil and unfulfillment, it’s likely because you’ve always “made it happen” in your own power, and your spirit is tired of you trying to carry it all yourself. There is a gap between your faith and business, and the Holy Spirit is ready to fill it…if you’ll surrender.
Still you’re probably asking, “What is surrender, really? Why does it matter? And Erin, how do I even do it?”
You are not alone, friend. Surrender challenges me as a recovering driver, striver and acheivement chaser, but I know through daily practice of redefining hustle, I’m better able to slow my self-reliance, join my effort with the Lord, and let my business be done in His power and strength. And this episode will help you start doing the same.
Here’s a roadmap for today’s episode:
- The definition of surrender, what the Bible says about it, and Jesus’ ultimate example of sacrifice.
- Why surrender matters for your business.
- Three ways to put surrender into action:
– Trust that God’s got you and what He has for you, only He has for you. (Hint: this is the first 2 keys of our 4 Keys to Redefine Hustle – Define & Direct)
– Set a God-honoring strategy & daily discipline that guides your action, your time and your surrender (This is the 3rd key: Discipline)
– Practice the pause of prayer throughout the day, and let Him develop this practice over time (This is the 4th key: Develop)
(If you don’t already have the 4 Keys guide, grab it here)
As you listen, you may feel like this is a great plan, and it makes sense, and maybe you’ve even done these things…but you’re still swirling and need someone to take your hand and guide you through the fog. That is where I come in as your coach. I can support you with a 30,000 foot view of your business and mapping out a strategy, or with ongoing accountability and discernment to keep you walking in his will. Or maybe you need a Christian women’s community and mastermind like my ROOTED group coaching. However I can serve you, I am here for you. Schedule a discovery call in the link below to explore working with me.
These scriptures were referenced in the episode for you to read along or study:
Matthew 11:28-30, MSG
YOUR CALL TO ACTION
1. Download the 90-Day Mission Plan Tool: https://erinharrigan.com/90DayTool
WORK WITH ME
Schedule your FREE discovery call to explore 1:1 coaching: https://erinharrigan.com/discoverycall
GET YOUR SIGNED COPY OF MY BOOK
LET’S BE FRIENDS ON SOCIAL
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
If this show brings you value, please give it a follow on Apple Podcasts and leave a review.
If you listen on Spotify, be sure to click the “follow” button and the notification bell so you don’t miss an episode.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed