Throughout the year, I host half- and full-day retreats to bring the message of redefining hustle and pursuing success God’s way to Christian women in business. Recently I hosted the WITH retreat, focused on what it means to be working WITH God, bringing in concepts from Allen Arnold’s book “The Story of With.”
While we may think that working with God is logical because we know what to do in business and we know how our relationship with God works. Yet what I heard time and again in the room that day is that women are often challenged by integrating their faith and business. The gap between these areas is what often leads us to overwhelm, overachievement and missing out on the clarity, serenity and fulfillment: the abundant life Jesus promises. And hearing this, I came to two realizations:
1. God is always inviting us to His more, His plan, His work. We are called to be His co-laborers, but He doesn’t force it on us: we have the free will to choose working with God. To quote Allen Arnold from the book: “we can either run with God or run from God, but the only way to experience His miracles is to put ourselves in position and to operate from a posture in which we actually need him.”
2. I am humbled and honored to be used by God as His vessel for this message of redefining hustle, and I’m honored that you follow my content. But please remember: It is the Trinity that brings this message forth, and only Father, Son and Holy Spirit who deserve your true following!
In part 2 of this mini series, I’m sharing excerpts from the WITH retreat, in which we applied the 4 Keys to Redefine Hustle: Define, Direct, Discipline and Develop to working WITH God. So we could understand His desire for us to work with Him, His direction for doing so, how to do it in real life, and how the Holy Spirit develops us over time to get stronger in doing so. I believe we often lower and limit our expectations based on what we know we can do, and because we like to be in control. However, that’s leaving God out and trying to fit Him into our box. Let’s stop doing that by truly committing to working WITH Him.
In this episode we’re focused on the third and fourth keys to apply His definition and direction with DISCIPLINE, and continue to DEVELOP the muscle of working with God:
How do we actually “do” working with God? It takes discipline:
- Discipline of seeking Him (ongoing)
- Discipline of obedience = taking action
- Disciplined focus
Working with God takes development:
- Commitment and Consistency takes development
- Surrender takes development
- Obedience takes development
- Discipline takes development
- Working in expectancy takes development
In the end, the key is WITH. As Psalm 27:14 in The Message version tells us: Stay with God. Take heart. Don’t quit. I’ll say it again, stay with God.
As you listen (or watch on my YouTube channel), please remember that this is God’s message He’s given me to share and I am simply the vessel. While I so appreciate you following and engaging with the content I share here, on social media, through my emails, through my coaching and strategy days. etc., ultimately it is Him that gets the glory and whom to follow. Remember that our responsibility is to keep Him at the center.
If building a Kingdom business is your priority, you will benefit from a coach to help you align your strategy to working WITH God, keep you accountable and focused in doing that day in and day out, and to encourage you along the way. And that coach could be me! DM me on social about it.
These scriptures were referenced in the episode for you to read along or study:
Matthew 11:28-30 MSG
Psalm 27:14 MSG
YOUR CALL TO ACTION
1. Download 4 Keys to Redefine Hustle: https://erinharrigan.com/4Keys
2. Q2 is just about here! Download my 90 Day Tool to plan your next quarter: https://erinharrigan.com/90DayTool
WORK WITH ME
I’ve got 2 spaces for new 1:1 coaching clients in April – schedule your FREE discovery call to make one of them yours! https://erinharrigan.com/discoverycall
GET YOUR SIGNED COPY OF MY BOOK
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL
If this show brings you value, please give it a follow on Apple Podcasts and leave a review.
If you listen on Spotify, be sure to click the “follow” button and the notification bell so you don’t miss an episode.